POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : About Intersection points : Re: About Intersection points Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About Intersection points
From: Wu Yang
Date: 8 Nov 2002 21:07:13
Message: <3dcc6dd1$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you for your reply.
What I want is all the intersection points hitted firstly by the ray, not
just those with the mesh object. The reason I found it in mesh.cpp is that
the object I designed is only made up by mesh object. Yes, Trace() function
is called to compute the color seen along the ray, but there is a variable
called Best_Intersection and I think this variable is the intersection point
I want.
I really appreciate for all of your replies, your replies are very very
helpful to me. Maybe sometimes I can not express my question very clearly
and make you feel a little boring. Sorry about that. I will try my best to
make my question more clearly. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards
Wu Yang
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3dcc1ea5@news.povray.org>, "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu>
> wrote:
>
> > I think there are maybe more than or less than one intersection point in
the
> > stack, and they are the intersection points with the same ray, and what
> > need is Best_Intersection->IPoint in Trace() function(render.cpp file).
Is